Dr. David J. Cassidy has helped children have healthy teeth for over 30 years. Our pediatric dental practice provides care for both routine dental needs as well as emergencies. Trust us to help create beautiful smiles—and dental health habits—for your kids.
Routine Children’s Dental Care
As a pediatric dentist in Dalton, GA, Dr. David J. Cassidy offers a comprehensive array of routine services for your child’s oral health. We specialize in pediatric and adolescent dentistry, including pediatric sedation dentistry, with an emphasis on comfort and safety. Our staff also works closely with other specialists, such as orthodontists, should your child ever require additional treatment. Here are just a few of the services we offer:
- Sedation dentistry: If your child’s fear of the dentist keeps them from getting the care they need, consider sedation dentistry. Dr. Cassidy specializes in pediatric sedation dentistry. We’ll help your child relax so they can have the healthiest teeth possible.
- Exams: Routine dental exams are the single best way to make sure your child’s oral health is as good as it can be. Our dentist and hygienist will do a thorough check of the teeth, mouth, and gums to make sure everything looks good.
- Regular cleanings: Regular cleanings remove plaque and tartar so your child’s teeth and gums can be as healthy and strong as possible. It also gets them in the habit of going to the dentist. Don’t skip these important checkups!
- Oral health instruction: One of the most important parts of your child’s visit is a review of techniques that will keep their teeth in good condition. We’ll explain proper brushing and flossing and show them exactly what to do—and why they need to do it.
- Fluoride treatments: Fluoride treatments provide protection against decay and cavities. These are especially important if you have well water at your home. We make the process easy with fun flavors that your child gets to choose!
- Teeth bleaching
- Emergency care
- General anesthesia
- Restorative care
- Space maintenance
Emergency Children’s Dental Care
Should your child ever require emergency dental care for the following situations, we receive after-hours messages left on our answering machine and we respond to them quickly. If you’re unable to contact us and your child needs immediate care, please go to the emergency room.
- Cut or bitten tongue, lip, or cheek
- Knocked out baby tooth
- Knocked out permanent tooth
- Chipped or fractured baby tooth
- Chipped or fractured permanent tooth